Gratis verzending
In NL boven de € 200,-
Niet tevreden?
Binnen 7 dagen retour
Klantenservice
Snel antwoord
Besteld, dan...
Volgende werkdag geleverd

Jumpwing on metal oval 127 A/B Engineers (late 40s early 50s production)

nice early and rare airborne badge

€ 25,00
Betaalwijzes

n November 12, 1942 the 127th Airborne Engineer Battalion was instituted. It was activated as an element of the 11th Airborne Division on 25 February, 1943, at Camp Mackall, North Carolina, the birthplace of many airborne units.

The Battalion consisted of three letter companies, A, B, and C, plus a Headquarters and Service Company From the date of activation until June of 1945, the battalion was commanded by Lt. Col. Douglas C. Davis.

The 127th was the second unit of Airborne Engineers to be activated. The first unit was the 307th Airborne Engineer Battalion, which was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division.

In the decade that followed, these units became permanent Airborne Engineer Battalions, and they were the only ones remaining in the United states Army after the Second World War. During these years, select parachutists in the Corps of Engineers were assigned and reassigned to the Airborne Engineer Battalions. There they formed a closely knit family of friends and comrades. They imprinted their forceful personalities onto these airborne engineer units. They frequently came to think of these units as home.

Meer afbeeldingen