Gratis verzending
In NL boven de € 200,-
Niet tevreden?
Binnen 7 dagen retour
Klantenservice
Snel antwoord
Besteld, dan...
Volgende werkdag geleverd

Airborne Oval 511th Infantry Regiment 11th Airborne Division with wing

oval with wing

€ 10,00
Betaalwijzes

The 511th Parachute Infantry Regiment was a parachute infantry unit of the United States Army first activated during World War II. It formed the parachute infantry element of the 11th Airborne Division.

In March 1956 the 511th (as part of the 11th Airborne Division) crossed the Atlantic into Europe to replace the 5th Infantry Division at Augsburg, Germany during Operation Gyroscope.

Inactivation

The 511th was deactivated at Fort Campbell in July 1958.

Company A

On June 1st 1993, Company A, 511th Parachute Infantry Regiment was reactivated at Fort Rucker, Alabama to serve as pathfinders, replacing Company C, 509th Parachute Infantry Regiment in that role. They were inactivated in November 1995 and the pathfinder mission discontinued. On October 1st 1997, Company A, 511th Parachute Infantry Regiment was reactivated as a test company for the Enhanced Fiber Optic Guided Missile (EFOGM) system, under the command of Captain Stephen Inouye at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. It was the first and only EFOGM company in the world[citation needed]. On July 28th 2005, Captain Mark Chandler cased the colors during the inactivation ceremony at Rose Field in Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

Meer afbeeldingen